Monday, September 13, 2010

Too much to think about

Aaaaa! I have so many thoughts swimming around in my mind but I don't want to overwhelm you all. I'll try to make this as organized as possible...
Today I went to my only Monday class-creative writing. We had a guest speaker who is a poet from Boston. His name was Fred, he looked exactly like Bilbo Baggins, and seemed to be the sweetest old man. It was really encouraging and strangely soothing to listen to his advice for young writers. All of a sudden I started tearing up in the middle of class. I found myself wishing I had a grandfather like him. My mom's dad died of lung cancer when I was two and my dad's dad is off in Nevada at a retirement home living in dementia ridden, "fake married" bliss. Long story. Sometimes I think about what it would be like to have a grandpa who actually poured himself into my life, giving me wisdom, hugs and all that mushy stuff. But oh well. I know my dad will be the greatest grandpa someday and hopefully my future husband will be too :)
I also spent a large portion of my day discovering the beaty of Etsy.com. My cousin Mindy and her friend just opened their own shop. It is super cute! I actually bought two items to give to my friend for her Birthday! You should definitely check it out. They go by the name "Two little doves" and "Lost in the Attic" on Etsy.com. There is a link to their site under my blogs. After surfing the cyber world all day I started wondering if I should try to sell my cards on Etsy. Then my mom got me thinking that I could make custom charcoal drawings of people's 3D ultrasound pictures. I've done one for my Grandma's hair dresser and it turned out super awesome. But no one can ever tell what it is. My mom is convinced that moms would love that sort of thing. What do you think? Maybe someday I'll get around to making that happen. Hahah.
The other night I had a mini breakdown about college. It seems like such an imporant choice! I still don't know where I want to go and what I want to major in. And I need to start applying! Prayer that I would trust in the Lord's plan and see choosing a college and major as an adventure would be greatly appreciated :) I just get so conflicted when it comes to career choice. Some people say not to turn your passion into a job because then it will be "work". Others say that you have to be passionate about your job or you will be miserable at work. Which is it????? For some reason I can't find a major that just jumps out as the perfect major for me. I'm considering majoring in something fun like art and then applying to P.A or medical school later. But I want to be able to graduate college with a marketable skill-especially in this sucky economy. It's all just incredibly overwhelming. But I know God has it under control somehow!
Ok I think I've overwhelmed you with enough for tonight.
xoxoxo Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment