Saturday, April 23, 2011

Guilty Blogger

All you poor followers. I'm sorry for having neglected my blog for so long. It seems like so many of my friends are giving up on their blogs and I don't want to fall into that category! I have some exciting news to report...I am OFFICIALLY going to UC Davis in September. Ok well it's not OFFICIAL until I sign my intent to register dealio next week but I'm planning on signing it! I finally got the letter of acceptance along with a very nice chunk of financial aid. God definitely came through in answering my prayers regarding money. I can actually afford to go there now :) Yipeee. I have been edging around the subject of college in my mind a lot lately. I am going to miss my family and friends so much it scares me. For now I'm just going to try to focus on all the positive aspects of college and not how depressed I might become once I have to leave.
This is going to be one heck of an amazing summer though. I get out of school on May 17th and I won't have to start school again until September 20th. Craziness! I've willingly given up the phlebotomy job hunt even though I had an interview at the United Blood Services. I decided it just isn't feasible to get a phlebotomy job before I leave for college. No one would want to hire me if they knew I was leaving in September and I didn't want to deceive anyone. So now I'm back on the restaurant job hunt which has proven frustrating and very competitive. So if God wants me to have a job I'll get one and if not I'll just be super spoiled this summer hahah.
Speaking of the summer...Wes, Gretchen, and I have all decided to go on the Grace Church Mission trip to the Czech Republic! Sarah is going again this summer and I'm so excited to see how God will work in my life through this trip and in the lives of the high school kids we will be meeting in Czech. We are going to be leading an English camp for high schoolers and building some awesome relationships!
Lately I've just been so thankful for all my amazing friendships. God has blessed me so richly with friends away at college, friends at home, and new friends through bible study and campus crusade. I look forward to meeting even more friends next year at Davis :)
Right now I'm in Dammeron Valley, Utah visiting my grandma Nana for Easter. I don't have any photos with me because my laptop is at home having a new DVD reader installed soo....I will post some pictures from the last few weeks when I get back. I hope you all are doing well!
xoxoxo Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment