Wednesday, July 14, 2010

All my wisdom has been robbed

I'm sitting in bed with lots of gauze in my mouth and feeling pretty darn good. I just got three wisdom teeth pulled. I used to be scared to have them taken out but after my trip to Mexico I became very enthralled with the idea of anesthesia. They started an IV in my arm which I've never had but it was very similar to having blood drawn (I've offered my arm to my fellow phlebotomy students many a time!). Then they put something over my nose and said it was oxygen. They asked me to do something but I honestly can't remember anything past that point. When I woke up I felt sooooo weird. They helped me walk to the recovery room to lay down in for a few minutes. It was all very funny to me. I'v decided my mind is too impenetrable for drugs to make me loopy. Hypnotists don't have a chance either. Heheh. However, this experience has given me a lot of compassion for those people in the world who are all there mentally but can't talk or express their thoughts and emotions. That would be so incredibly frustrating. It makes me see people like that in a new light. Anyways--wonderful Caitlin is coming over later to watch Lord of the Rings with me. I should probably get some sleep. But first I want to talk about my graduation party....
It went so well. I was a little nervous about the speeches and the ceremony part. But it was really nice. My parents had the most heartfelt things to say and of course they made me cry. My speech went well until I started thanking Kim--I lost it royally at that point. Tears aside it was a very special ceremony and party. Everyone came down off the deck and prayed for me. That was really sweet. I'm incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life that care so much about me. The food was AMAZING and I received so many encouraging cards and wonderful gifts. Thank you to everyone who came, and I missed all of you who couldn't make it. I'm off to go hibernate. Tata for now! xoxox Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment