Friday, July 9, 2010

Team Godines!
Maria-the grandmother at our site. She got a letter from her son with a note saying God Bless You to all of us
Adrian and Wesley trying to be par-core (don't know how to spell that) in the party house
Casey all Cola-ed out. My favorite picture of the week I think



Mexico this year was great. It was less laid back than last year but it was just as good of an experience. Despite having small numbers and three houses to build we still finished a whole day early. This year was unique because we got to rent this "party house" thing in the neighborhood and have lunch with all the families instead of having them come to our campsite. I mustered up enough spanish to share with Maria during lunch. She gave me the biggest hug and then launched into telling us how much she appreciates all of us. She said that God told her we were angels sent to her to build her house. I love her so much. She is such a kind soul. I was a little bummed throughout the week that we didn't have kids or VBS on our site but listening to Maria at the end made it all worth it. None of the other families shared except for her. This was my 5th year going to Mexico and I don't think I will ever get tired of it. Each year is so different and so special.

1 comment:

  1. wow, totally didn't realize i'm a creeper in the casey-coke picture, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete