Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bittersweet feelings

Cuesta starts in 16 days. :( :( No me gusta. I really shouldn't complain since I got out in May but this summer has flown by like it does every year. I'm definitely in denial over school starting and a lot of my friends going away to college. I've just been so caught up in trying to hang out with them as much as possible that I don't know if I've had time to process that they're leaving. It will probably hit me hard this fall. That's not going to be fun. God is saving me from total depression by keeping Sarah Phillips and Lauren Page around this year. I'm so thankful for them. There are actually a lot of people from Slo High going to Cuesta so I have a feeling this should be the best semester yet. I will just miss my friends so dearly.
I've had such a great summer so far. Two trips to Mexico, one to L.A, a graduation party, and ample hang out time with friends. But I'm greedy and want more time. This year I have really connected and built some great friendships. Now, as many of them are going off to college I find myself wishing I had met those people sooner. But one year is better than nothing!
I still have one last hurrah before school starts....a senior trip to Lake Tahoe! I'm hoping it will be a great time to relax, recharge, and savor time with friends before school starts. xoxox Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment