Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Peace

Well I'm pleased to announce that school and life are going much better! I was a bit worried for a while about my physiology teacher. She was pretty scary and mean at times. I got snapped at for being a grand total of 1 minute late. I thought that didn't matter in college-pshh. But I've discovered that she is an absolutely amazing lecturer. Her lectures are more like discussions and she is very animated when she speaks. I actually look forward to going to class now. Physiology is quite interesting! I love learning about WHY and HOW things happen. Yesterday we learned the difference between saturated and unsaturated fat. Beware of so called healthy things like fake butter--it's really just un-saturated fat bombarded with hydrogen ions in a chemistry lab. They turn it into trans fat which is worse for you than saturated fat! Ok I'll stop boring you.
I have definitely been depressed lately about my friends leaving for college and the lack of change in my life. I have been at Cuesta for lets see....8 semesters so far. It starts to get old after a while. Most people are experiencing Cuesta for the first time-realizing how much better it is than high school. But for me Cuesta IS high school. I've been praying for peace and contentment with where I'm at. God has come through for sure. I'm feeling much happier and have been focusing more on the positive things instead of the negative. There are so many fun things coming up that I have to look forward too. The Family Campout and hiking Half-dome are going to be awesome! Thanks for reading my ramblings, hope you all are doing well.
xoxoxo Evelyn

1 comment:

  1. I love your ramblings Evelyn!! I look forward to each of your posts, and they'll be even more precious when I'm in Redding. Keep it up :]

    ReplyDelete